Friday 22 July 2016

Latest commission

This oil on canvas commission was nearly abandoned during the plein air stage (I have an acrylic version on standby just in case). I wasn't happy with the meadow towards the front and at a loss how to resolve it. Still, I stuck at it and eventually got something of the look that I wanted. Lots of fine detail work in the studio made me realize how much of a shake I have in my hand (must cut back on the coffee).
I am at a loss as to what to call this painting, maybe something cliched like, 'Moyanna Meadow' though perhaps the client, Melissa Duncan, might have something to say about that.

Moyanna Meadow - Oil on canvas - 50cm X 70 cm

Detail

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting about this post.
If you are interested in further information about any of my work please send me an email: raftermj@gmail.com