Tuesday 31 March 2015

Generations - a tale of electronic woes.

This oil on canvas was painted from a reference photograph and of course there is a story behind it. One of the problems with storing photographs electronically is the potential for hard disk failure. This reference photograph became blocky and pixellated for some bizarre reason (my fault for not printing it anyway). As my wife loved the photo, I used an editor to put the blocks back in the correct position (like a jigsaw) but was unable to restore it perfectly, then I made this large (without the blocks) painting of it.

The moral is, print your photographs to ensure domestic harmony.

Generations - Oil on Canvas 32 x 40 inches

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting about this post.
If you are interested in further information about any of my work please send me an email: raftermj@gmail.com